Monday, May 10, 2010

I govern pretty one day

Sometimes I swear I think my computer can hear my loud, sarcastic chiding and actually see my slow, exasperated head shake.
I mean, really. Really? In some ways, this is what it is. I tried to take a break from certain headlines recently because it only made me bitter, but there's just too many levels of juicy, tantalizing moron going on here. And to be real, I'm generally bitter, so what's there to lose?
Usually, there's an awkward but expected pause for response on current events while Sarah's directed what position to take. This one, though, was just another equivalent of letting your toddler drive the nation's history around an empty parking lot, crashing into a few shopping carts here, a few gosh darn facts there. What's the harm? By the time time you wrestle the steering wheel back, your sedan resembles the Pope-mobile, your toddler is staring at you with pursed lips and a taxidermy-like bliss, and Jesus and John Adams are tied up in the back with cloth balls stuffed in their mouths wearing Uncle Sam costumes.

5 comments:

  1. Good Lord, you're as good a writer as she isn't an orator.

    I understand more and more that it IS important to know where it is we came from. It gives such insight into our own societal development. Our values didn't come from nowhere. Still, the version of religion practiced 200+ years ago is quite different from today. And what difference does that make? That's where we CAME from. Not where we are.

    Are they really suggesting that we are not evolving...at least socially? I mean, would they really point out that we face the same challenges, live in essentially the same world, as our forefathers?

    Sure, sure, freedom of religion for all. A fine value. National Day of Prayer unconstitutional? Seems stupid to me to fight that fight. But whatever...not my war.

    I just do not understand this mindset that these 2 are putting out there. Do they really know that there IS NO status quo? I mean, nothing stays the same? History is always moving, always changing. Are they trying to suggest otherwise?

    "Those in California talking of 'evolving'"...I mean, seriously. Seriously.

    Dude, you should write a book. Seriously. Seriously. I'd even read the sports parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the issue: that there's so many things blatantly absurd with what she says. not only does she apparently not grasp that social values, religious freedoms and "christianity" have changed drastically over 250 years, she ignores (or more likely is unaware of) the fact that those she exalts were either plain deists or atheists. either way, they lived by the separation of church and state. also, has she read the bible/10 commandments lately? the enforcement of those by the federal government would be accepted by open arms, i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many responses - so very many responses - first among them: exactly how big do you think she can make her hair?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, i just tried to watch it and it said "this video is not available."
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that's annoying. i replaced it with one that works now.

    ReplyDelete