Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I quit!

In reality, I didn't. Not yet, but I sat down at my desk this morning and immediately stared off at the wall to the right for god knows how long. I could see myself ceremoniously shutting down my gchat and heading out the front door to high fives from all the other chronnies. People would be crying tears of joy and jealousy. One of the mainstay old bums at the corner would wail out, "run for it travers! run home and don't stop till you get there!"

The bells in all the churches would ring as I jog down Mission St, waving at passersby as they wave back with commendations and cheers. Strangers would shake my hand (the good kind with one hand on the forearm) and confetti would fall through the glorious sunshine. Golden retriever puppies will run along side me with job offers in golden satchels on their backs.

Yea, it'll go something like that.

2 comments:

  1. do it for the cat! hace por el gato! fait pour le chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to see that... that would actually be awesome, and not too far fetched!

    ReplyDelete