Tuesday, September 22, 2009

“Why did I sign on to this proposal if I don’t understand what it does?”

Understanding how clueless, reckless and raped the presidency was under Bush would be enough to make me angry even if a deaf, orphaned amputee with a lazy eye managed to win office. I can't feel sorry for him, but I've come to personally feel an almost distinguishable tinge of something other than astonished animosity as I read the accounts of how the puppeteers absolutely had their way with him in fucking over the country for their gain. In some cases he seems truly helpless and unaware of how much unbelievable damage he allowed. It of course doesn't make him less culpable, just more bizarre and horrifying that this guy was seemingly all at once the most powerful man in the world while being used like the greasy-faced weakling in junior high who's forced to do the assertive kid's homework. Oh, and hand over his $700 billion in lunch money.

There's a good 15-minute read in an excerpt from one of Bush's speech writers in the final years. Read it with a shot of whiskey on the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment